Thursday, September 15, 2011

a devoted collector of a beloved story.

My love for L. Frank Baum's classic story The Wizard of Oz started when I was a young girl.  As a child I would spend literally hours and hours watching my VHS tape of the movie; and as embarrassing as it is to admit I just recently read the entire novel.  My love for the characters, songs, and the story-line in general is still as strong to this day and I will forever hold a special spot in my heart for The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.


My family has generously assisted me in my ever-growing collection of the story's memorabilia.  I'm a proud owner of many, many books; various versions of the film, snow globes,  figurines, dolls, stuffed animals, etc.  Being a true book lover at heart, I have to admit that my most prized possessions are my books.  Although most of the collection is in storage and I have no idea how many copies of the books I own, I would venture to say I own over a dozen of the Oz books.


People have many different ways to express their love and passion for things that impact their lives.  I have decided recently to express my eternal love for this classic story through body art.  That's right, ink me up Adam.  (The best tattoo artist in Portland; Adam from Anatomy Tattoo.)  I am on a steadfast search for just the right artwork to incorporate into a very unique and original sleeve.  It's perfect for me.  So says I.  :)  Wish me luck!

1 comment: